Men’s Health Week June 15 – 21 2015 is a opportunity for Men and Boys to finding time for Dental Health and well being in a busy schedule by making adjustments to your daily routine.
Yet, one of the most common factors associated with infrequent dental check-ups is just being male. Men are 33% less likely than women to seek preventive dental care and often neglect their oral health for years, visiting a dentist only when a problem arises.
- Re-prioritize your dental habits. Flossing and brushing MUST be done every day!
- Brush and Floss — The Right Way! Proper brushing and flossing will prevent tooth decay and keep your smile naturally bright
- If it’s not food, don’t bite it! Habits like biting your nails, chewing on pens, chewing ice, and using your teeth as tools will wear down, chip, and potentially break teeth.
- Make sure you’re not grinding. If you’re waking up with headaches and sore jaws, you may be falling prey to bruxism (tooth grinding). This erodes tooth enamel, causes mouth and head pain, and can lead to tooth breakage.
- Use fluoridated dental products. A fluoridated mouthwash or toothpaste will strengthen your tooth enamel and help protect against cavities. Fluoride can also help cut down on tooth sensitivity or discomfort from hot/cold.
Australia Dental Burpengary believes adopting a positive approach to Dental Care will help improve your overall health.